Packnet are a VoIP and Telecommunications business based in based in Manchester UK. We are expanding our staff and currently have a vacancy for a Junior VoIP Engineer at our Manchester location.
Whats the Job?
We are looking for a Junior VoIP engineer to assist in the support and delivery of our VoIP products to our clients throughout the UK.
Apart from that here are just a few things we would also like you to have in your locker of knowledge and experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to combine customer service and technical skills.
- Prioritise, schedule and escalate problems appropriately in a busy environment.
- Knowledge of Linux in a network environment.
- Working experience in using Linux based systems.
- The ability to work well within a small team.
- Good organisation skills and self motivated.
- A desire to learn.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Interest in VOIP Technology, specifically in Asterisk open source telephony projects and other open source projects.
- Interest in reading knowledge bases, online forums and frequently asked questions resources on the Intranet / Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Additionally, some experience/knowledge in programming using LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP) is desirable. Interest in doing programming tasks is highly desirable.
If you think you can meet the bill, then please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the avoidance of doubt, we do not accept interest from recruitment agencies on this vacancy.